In this week’s HIROBYTES Podcast, I talked about 5 financial steps I took before I quit my corporate job and pursued self-employment full-time.
I made this decision for many reasons:
- I felt like I wasn’t going anywhere with my full-time job (towards my career goals)
- I had discovered the power of Passive Income
- I found a bunch of jobs I love doing (Technical Writing, Teaching, Content Creation, etc.)
- I had saved enough money to live off for a few years
- I have chronic illnesses and disabilities that need attention
But before I could take a the leap, I had to make sure I set up multiple layers of financial insurance so even if I “failed” and made no money, I would be ok for a while.
In this episode, I explored 5 different steps I took before I made the ultimate leap in June.